CALPADS Fall 1 certification requires schools to upload four separate reports relating to student data: Enrollment (SENR), Student Information (SINF), Student Programs (SPRG), and Student English Language Acquisition Status (SELA). These reports house the information that identify funding needs for the school and are used in the LCFF calculations.
Once school enrollment and basic student demographics are updated, it is the time to focus on the various types of programs in which the students participate or are eligible to participate. This is of critical importance because as they tell us which students qualify the school for certain types of funding.
The student programs that we will cover in this article relating to Fall 1 requirements include:
- Program Participation and Eligibility collection for CALPADS
- Special Education Program Eligible (144)
- Title I Part C Migrant Education Eligible (135)
- Gifted and Talented Education Eligible (GATE) (127)
- 504 Accommodation Plan Participation (101)*
- Homeless Program Eligible (191)
- Lunch Program Eligibility
- Free Meal Program Eligible (181)
- Reduced-Price Meal Program Eligible (182)
* 504 Accommodation Plan participation is not required to be reported until End of Year (EOY2 Programs), but is required for Smarter Balanced Reporting which happens in the Spring. If a student does not have a 504 program open with current enrollment dates in CALPADS, the student will not be allowed accommodations on state testing.
Once a student record is opened in Aeries CS, click on the “Programs” button.
Then you will have an option to pull down the code menu to expose all of the different types of student programs. You should have a huge list to choose from but remember that only the ones listed above count for CALPADS Fall 1 Reporting!
If you follow the steps below, you will enter your Fall 1 programs such that Aeries will report them correctly:
Step 1: Enter the program number (already completed above)
Step 2(504 Accommodation Plan ONLY): Enter the Elig Start Date and End Date within the current school year
Step 3: Enter the Program Start Date
Step 4: Click “Add” to save
Once you have added your programs, they should appear on the right side window!
Program Descriptions (Participating vs. Eligible)
For Fall 1 reporting, all programs listed above are reported to CALPADS as Eligible with the exception of the 504 Accommodation Plan (101). Students may be eligible for a 504, but only students who are actually receiving services will be reported to CALPADS.
Program: 504 Accommodation Plan (101)
- Start Date = Use the first day of enrollment for the current school year if previously identified, or for newly identified students, use the effective date on the 504.
- End Date = Leave blank unless there is a change to the program or the student leaves the school. Should be closed at the end of each school year (or when student exits) to meet CALPADS compliance.
From the CALPADS Data Guide v.7.0 published 09/17/2015
- Students identified as eligible for receiving services provided per Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This is not the same as an Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Only students who are actually receiving services through a 504 plan should be reported.
- Participation in this program should be verified on an annual basis and should be updated throughout the year. This is important because these data are needed to appropriately register students for the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP).
Please remember, this is only one of four areas required to report during Fall 1, and should be maintained throughout the year for data accuracy. Refer to the following article links for more information about maintaining program data in Aeries for Fall 1 reporting.
Lunch Programs in Aeries: Click here
Special Education Programs in Aeries.Net: Click here
Special Education Programs in Aeries(CS): Click here
Homeless Student Program information in Aeries: Click here
For Student Information and ELA Requirements
Student Information / Demographics in Aeries: Click here
English Language Acquisition information in Aeries: Click here
A Final Note:
Don’t forget to complete a thorough review of all student information in both CALPADS and your Student Information System as of Census Day. CALPADS Fall 1 Certification Fatal Errors and Warnings have changed slightly for 2015-2016, so please be very careful in reviewing your data since warnings will not alert you to issues as they have in the past.