CALPADS Fall 1 certification requires schools to upload four separate reports relating to student data: Enrollment (SENR), Student Information (SINF), Student Programs (SPRG), and Student English Language Acquisition Status (SELA). These reports house the information that identify funding needs for the school and are used in the LCFF calculations.
Once school enrollment and basic student demographics are updated, it is the time to focus on the various types of programs in which the students participate or are eligible to participate. This is of critical importance because as they tell us which students qualify the school for certain types of funding.
The student programs required for Fall 1 CALPADS compliance include:
- Program Participation and Eligibility collection for CALPADS
- Special Education Program Eligible (144)
- Title I Part C Migrant Education Eligible (135)
- Gifted and Talented Education Eligible (GATE) (127)
- 504 Accommodation Plan Participation (101)*
- Homeless Program Eligible (191)
- Lunch Program Eligibility
- Free Meal Program Eligible (181)
- Reduced-Price Meal Program Eligible (182)
* 504 Accommodation Plan participation is not required to be reported until End of Year (EOY2 Programs), but is required for Smarter Balanced Reporting which happens in the Spring. If a student does not have a 504 program open with current enrollment dates in CALPADS, the student will not be allowed accommodations on state testing.
Entry of Programs: An Overview
Use of Flags
Infinite Campus uses “Flags” to denote which students will be reported to CALPADS. In order for the SPRG (Student Programs) file to export correctly, students will need both a flag and sometimes additional information to be completed, depending upon the program’s required fields.
The following gives a brief overview to using the flags within the General (Student Information) tab and the Enrollments tab to create CALPADS student programs. This is NOT an all-inclusive list, but a sample of the various places Infinite Campus requires this information to be completed.
Step 1: Identify a student or group of students participating in the above programs. Within the student record, select “Flags” which opens a list of program options.
Step 2: Within Student Information > General > Flags, select “New” to create a new flag.
- Be sure to have an Eligibility Start Date for every program, and an end date for all programs except Special Education and Homeless programs. These may remain open in CALPADS until the student is no longer participating or identified in those programs.
Special Education Programs
Special Education Program 144 is treated a bit differently in Infinite Campus. The flag is only one step in identifying the student program. The remaining information may be found (and modified) within the Enrollments page.
Step 1: Select the Current Enrollment
Step 2: Complete the section at the bottom of the Enrollments page entitled “Special Ed Fields.”
- Select the appropriate Special Ed Status from the drop down menu
- Primary Disability is required for each student
- District of Special Ed Acct is required. District of Special Education Accountability is generally the student’s home school district.
Step 3: Save the page.
The Homeless program follows a slightly different path as the flag and the required information lives within the Enrollment tab. See below. Choose an appropriate Residence Category as shown in the red box, then select the Homeless flag. Save the page.
Following this process for most of the Fall 1 programs will provide a CALPADS programs export (SPRG file) with complete information. Remember that some programs require more information than others, so be certain that the Student Information and Enrollments sections are as complete as possible for each student.
Refer to the following link to complete Student Information/Demographics in Infinite Campus: Select here